You take the role of Juno, a survivor of the apocalypse and a trained engineer (a shout-out to Isaac from Dead Space), trying to navigate between a failing human society, cloistered in a fortified sanctuaries and an outside world ravaged by the infection.
Med station upgrade doesn’t stay permanent – Juno can walk out of the shelter, and walk back in with it unupgraded. Upgrading also refunds your Base Points. Fixed on both ends by removing refund and adding switch to register shelter is upgraded for re-entry.
All side missions are marked complete during the evac from Brookside if you didn’t actually start any of them. Fixed by adding additional switches to all three.
Item limit cap was set to 99 previously. This stopped you getting more ammo and Base Points past 99. Importantly, also prevented you getting the Med Station upgrade for the shelter. Remedied by changing item cap to 9999.
Second computer in Subway Tunnels doesn’t show Hansen’s email if you opened Door 2 before looking at it. This prevents you from jumping over the pit if you had read the email, and thus prevents you getting the early shotgun.
Missing car has been added to the CBD map.
Missing Crawler Gameover variation (first one) added to the Gallery.
Door to the "shotgun room" in the subway still requires x11 Strength, but due to removed attributes it is impossible to obtain. Fixed.
Permanent Cigarettes pickup added to the Subway Tunnels for David’s tradeoff
Computer still registers INT in the first subway room. Fixed.
x1 missing CG variation in the Walker Gameover has been added in.
The wait is over! It’s time for the patron release of Overgrown: Genesis 0.09! This is a fairly big update for O:G, with the addition of x5 CGs, two new stages, and revisions made to previous stages, as well as various system overhauls.
New level – the Jamesway Bridge. First mission out of Fort Patton. Revisits all previous enemies in one go, and will be used for the Reptile swarm and unlocks in the future.
New level – the Central Business District (CBD). Second mission out of Fort Patton. Re-visitable (ie. you can go back to Fort Patton and then come back to the CBD at any time).
New enemy type – Hiveminds and Hivelings/"Grunts". A step-up from the infected, these new "mutant" enemies require some thinking to defeat. Hivelings are immortal and will continually respawn no matter how many times they’re killed. The only way to permanently defeat them is to destroy their Hivemind.
New scene, the Hiveling/Grunt attack (+CG set).
New scene, the Hiveling/Grunt gameover (+CG set).
New encounter type – Captives. Ever wonder what happened to the women that the infected successfully capture? … Captives are the breeding cattle of Hiveminds, hapless women who are bound up, and then impregnated and forced to spawn Hivelings, again, and again, and again. There are two variations – "normal" Captives, who can be rescued using Bleach to dissolve their bonds, and "doomed" Captives, who can only be granted the mercy of a swift death.
The subway system has been expanded, and made double the size.
New scene (+CG set) with an insane survivor, David, used to work in the subway and whose computer you encounter first when you enter the level.
New swarm ending (+CG set) for the Crawlers, in the subway’s "shotgun room"; triggers if you didn’t read up on the warning via Leslie’s computer’s emails and trip through the loose floorboards.
New swarm ending (+CG set) for the Runners, in the Police HQ located in Dangerzone East, in a new "evidence locker" room; triggers if you didn’t divert the Runners inside via the alarm.
Fort Patton maps added, including the compound exterior when exiting the Civilian Shelter, as well as the new Military HQ and Armoury.
Numerous new sprites and portraits for the new military cast.
New tiles introduced for the military setting.
Stat boosting items, as well as stats/attributes in general, have been removed from the game.
Reaching "checkpoints" now only increases Morale, rather than having you pick between Hunger or Morale, and also removes the attribute aspect.
New "Base Points" mechanic introduced.
New major characters, General Hawke and Quartermaster Taylor. General Hawke is the quest-giver for Fort Patton, while Quartermaster Taylor is your go-to merchant, allowing you to sell food items for Base Points, and purchase various items and upgrades for trade goods.
Cheats now available from the Menu.
Gallery now available from the Menu. First unlock (the test animation) is free. Second unlock is after you finish the Prologue (Billy and Gavin scenes). Third unlock after you enter the subway (All three Walker scenes). Fourth unlock after you finish the subway stage (All three Crawler scenes + subway survivor scene). The unlocks for the Hounds, Runners, and Reptiles will follow in later updates; tentatively, for Cold Pines, Dangerzone, and Jamesway Bridge.
Broken pathing for computer tables and computer terminals fixed.
Black area underneath the office building in Hamilton fixed (pathing issue).
Inaccessible sparkles around Dangerzone fixed.
Rifle Packs don’t give ammo, only more Rifle Packs; fixed.
Item categories are broken for now due to a faulty RMMV update.
Using the Gallery allows you to "quick escape" from any situation due to the enemy locations being reset.
* Added CG + text for the Reptile Bad End scene.
* Added CG + text for the Hound Bad End scene.
* Hopefully, fixed the bug that stopped Cassie’s quest being marked as complete.
* Numerous cosmetic issues with tiles and text have been addressed.
* The primary mission of the "Return to Brookside" questline is now ready and playable. Journey to Dangerzone North, and you’ll encounter old enemies Billy and Gavin, who have been at each others’ necks and left destruction in their wake. In this mission, the main goal is to retrieve the APC, which will allow the evacuation of the safezone to begin. Do note the safezone evacuation CAN start without completing the sidequests – but this will result in a penalty that I will expand upon in the next update.
* Dangerzone North maps have been added. These include the Suits HQ, the Garage, and the Flooded Basement.
* Added the new Reptile enemy, who comes ready with his "attack" scenes. His bad end scenes will be patched in shortly. Reptiles are found in watery/flooded areas. They replace the Crawlers in the Safezone Sewers.
* Watery/flooded maps now disable Juno’s ability to run, making it that much more terrifying when you see the new Reptiles and move at a crawl…
* The Runner’s bad end scene now has new CG!
* Added new sprites and facesets for the "Operative" (first seen in the hospital at Hamlin Square) and the "Soldier" (who you will find after the evacuation).
* All items now have relevant icons attached to them! A small, but essential cosmetic element!
* New item system that organises your loot for you!
* Experimental new "barter" system in place for all merchants that should make trading a less hectic affair.
* All those bottles of bleach you found now have a use. Certain areas of the map will be cut off or blocked by plant growth, which can be destroyed using bleach. These won’t block essential pathways, but instead things like loot and shortcuts.
* Small parts of Fort Patton are playable immediately post-evacuation. Will expand in later updates, especially with regards to how well you did in the evacuation process.
* SFX effects added here and there… too numerous to list individually.
Download Dystopianproject – Overgrown: Genesis [Version 0.09.5] (2017) (Eng) Update for free from comixxx.cx – large collection of adult comics, porn games and site-rips.